Prep Time: 20-30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
4 x 175g monkfish tails, membrane removed
Zest and juice 1 lemon
Tsp dried oregano
Tsp dried basil
Tsp grd cinnamon
Tsp cayenne pepper
Tsp garlic powder
200g pearl barley, cooked in stock (keep 125ml of the cooking stock)
Half finely diced onion
2 sticks celery, finely diced
50g finely grated parmesan
Juice n zest half lemon
- Mix together 175g yoghurt, zest and juice 1 lemon, a tsp each of dried oregano, dried basil, ground cinnamon, cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- To the mix add 4 x 175g monkfish tails with the membrane removed, mix well. Leave for at least 2 hours
- Oil a sheet of parchment then roast the fish at 220g for about 8mins, turn once
- Gently cook the Half a finely diced onion, 2 sticks celery, finely diced and a chopped clove of garlic for 8mins
- Put the cooked onion celery mix into a blender with the 125ml of stock, 150g spinach, 30g butter, 50g finely grated parmesan and juice and zest of half a lemon in a blender. Blend smooth
- Put this in a pan with 200g of barley that has been cooked in stock. Mix well.
- Serve the fish on top of the green barley and with wedges of lime.