Prep Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Chilling time: overnight
Cake layer – 3 eggs
25g cocoa powder
Mousse layer – 300g white choc
45ml whole milk
300ml double cream
1 x sachet gelatine
3 egg whites – whisked to soft peaks
Sauce – 100g butter
100g milk choc
100ml condensed milk
- For the cake layer – whisk 3 eggs and 75g sugar over a pan of simmering water for 5 minutes.
- Fold in 50g flour and 25g cocoa powder.
- Bake at 180c for 12 minutes in a lined 20cm spring form, cool.
- In a bowl dissolve 1 sachet of gelatine per packet instruction.
- For the mousse – melt 300g white chocolate and 45ml whole milk over a pan of simmering water.
- Add 75ml of double cream and 1tsp vanilla, and fold in the dissolved gelatine, mix until smooth. Leave to cool.
- Whip another 225ml double cream, and when whipped stir into the chocolate mix.
- Whisk 3 egg whites, to soft peaks and now fold this in as well.
- Spoon onto the cake base. Chill overnight.
- For the sauce – put 100g butter, 100g milk chocolate, 100ml water and 100ml condensed milk in a pan. Cook gently until smooth.
Serve slices with a load of sauce