330ml light Mexican beer
2 finely chopped onions
3 cloves chopped garlic
3 sliced red peppers
2 birds eye chillies, chopped
2 smoked, dried, ancho chillies, chopped
1 tbsp cumin
400ml chicken or veg stock
whole bunch coriander
50ml white wine vinegar
400g tinned butter beans, rinsed
400g tin kidney beans, washed
1 tbsp fresh, chopped oregano
2tsp smoked paprika
zest 2 limes
12 good quality cooked sausages (spicy ones best)
100ml dark beer
- Fry the onion, garlic, chillies, peppers in oil for 5 minutes, gently, to soften
- Add the light beer, spices, stock, bring to the boil, and then simmer for 5 minutes. Add the lime zest.
- Puree the vinegar and coriander , add to the pot with the beans and oregano, cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Put the sausages in a pan, add the butter, honey and dark beer. Cook over med/high heat to reduce and coat the sausages.
- Serve sausages on the chilli, with lime wedges