2 tsp baking powder
5 egg whites – whisked to just holding
125g sour cream
250ml coconut milk (mixed )
90g desiccated coconut
Buttercream – 225g butter
225g cream cheese
600g icing sugar
50g grated coconut cream
Tsp vanilla paste or extract
Approx. 150g pineapple jam
To decorate 175g desiccated coconut, toasted
Serve with festive fruits of your choice, we used physalis and red currants
- Beat the butter and sugar for 5mins. Add the egg and sour cream and vanilla and coconut milk
- Fold in the flour and baking powder and coconut
- Spoon into 2 x 23cm greased lined tins
- Bake at 180c for approx. 25-30mins. Cool
- Buttercream – beat the sugar and butter together til nice and fluffy.
- Add the cream cheese, mix well.
- Spread the butter cream on one of the cakes and top with the jam.
- Sit the other cake on top
- Now cover with the rest of the buttercream, sprinkle on the toasted coconut and top with fresh fruit.