Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Filling – 75g butter
150g icing sugar
30g choc spread
coating– 200g milk choc
Smarties to decorate
- Whisk 3 eggs and 125g of caster sugar for 5mins
- Add the 100g of flour and 25g cocoa powder
- Spoon into a greased lined 33x23 Swiss roll tin. Bake at 180c for 10-12 mins
- Once cooked, turn out onto another piece of icing sugar dusted greaseproof. Cut out 3 strips on the shorter side of cake to a third up of the way up about 2cm wide, reserve for later for the feet. Roll from the uncut side first and cool.
- Filling – whisk 150g icing sugar, tbsp milk and 75g butter together, then add 30g choc spread
- Coating – melt 50g butter, 100 ml double cream and 200g chocolate over simmering water til combined
- Unroll the cake. Spread the choc cream filling all over. Roll up and spread more of the buttercream on the outside. Then use the 2cm cut slices, and cut them each in half. Create feet from these slices in between the caterpillar body rolls. Leave to chill.
- After 30 mins pour over the ganache coating
- Set and decorate with smarties and a confectionary face of your choice.