Prep time 20 mins
Cooking time 18-20 mins
Pastry – 75g flour
Caramel – 300g sugar
Filling – 400g sliced strawberries
1 Tsp vanilla
60g sifted icing sugar
200g whipped cream
200g crème fraiche
Garnish with lightly crushed pistachios
- Pastry – Melt 50g of butter and 125ml of water in a pan. Tip in 75g of flour, and mix well, until it comes away from the side of the pan.
- Take off the heat and beat in 2 eggs (by hand or an electric whisk).
- Transfer to a piping bag and let it chill.
- Now pipe into 25-30mm balls. Wet your finger and smooth any lumps and bumps. Bake at 200c for approx. 18-20mins. Then let it cool completely.
- Filling – Crush half the strawberries (200g) with 1 tsp of vanilla, 200g of crème fraiche, 20ml of Cointreau, 60g sifted icing sugar, 200g of whipped cream. Transfer to a piping bag and pipe into the buns.
- Caramel – Put 100ml of water and 300g of sugar into a pan. Heat and don’t move. When the edges start to go golden swirl. Keep swirling occasionally until its golden.
- Cool the caramel and then pour over the pile of buns and immediately decorate with pistachios and the rest of the sliced strawberries (200g).
- The caramel will set to a nice crunch.