Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 10-15 mins
250g thick smoked bacon lardons
4 fresh squid, cleaned and cut into rings (keep the tentacles too)
Juice half lemon
50g pickled pink ginger, sliced
Dressing – 30g tahini
25ml sesame oil
25ml sherry vinegar
Zest and juice half lemon
Garnish with nigella and sesame seeds
- For the dressing – blend together 30g tahini, 25ml sesame oil, 50ml water, 25ml sherry vinegar, the zest and juice half lemon and 1tsp sugar.
- Fry 250g thick smoked bacon lardons until crispy. Remove, tip away all the oil bar 1tbsp or so.
- Add 4 fresh squid, cleaned and cut into rings (keep the tentacles too) to a very hot pan, keep it moving for 2 minutes.
- Add the 1tbsp soy and the juice of half a lemon. Season, add the bacon. Take off the heat.
- Toss with a handful rocket and the dressing.
- Top with 50g pickled pink sliced ginger, and some nigella and sesame seeds.