Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
4 x 125g smoked mackerel
300g Arborio rice
100g cooked puy lentils
1 finely chopped onion
75ml veg oil
750ml warm veg stock
2tbsp curry powder
1 cinnamon stick
chopped coriander leaves to garnish
6 tbsp soy yoghurt
- Fry 1 finely chipped onion and 1 clove garlic in 75ml vegetable oil for 5 minutes until soft. Add 300g Arborio rice and stir until the husk begins to crack (3-4minutes).
- Add a good ladleful of warm vegetable stock (from 750ml total), 2tbsp curry powder and 1 cinnamon stick and stir well. When the stock has absorbed, add more stock, repeat until the rice is cooked.
- Stir in 100g cooked puy lentils and some chopped coriander.
- Flake in 4 x 125g smoked mackerel fillets.
- Serve topped with 1tbsp of soy yoghurt and a little freshly grated nutmeg