Serves: 6 -8
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 4 hours
1 x 2.5kg lamb shoulder, butterflied
2 sliced onions
4 cloves sliced garlic
Good few sprigs rosemary
800g new, small potatoes
450ml lamb stock
350ml red wine
Salsa verde – bunch flat leaf parsley
Half bunch mint
6 sprigs tarragon
15g Dijon mustard
125ml x v olive oil
Serve with lots of green veggies
- Put 2 sliced onions, 4 cloves sliced garlic, a good few sprigs rosemary, 800g new, small potatoes, 450ml lamb stock and 350ml red wine in an ovenproof roasting dish.
- Sit 1 x 2.5kg lamb shoulder, butterflied on top, season well and rub with oil.
- Cook at 160c for 4 hours uncovered.
- For the salsa verde – chop or pulse a bunch flat leaf parsley, half bunch mint, 6 sprigs tarragon, 15g capers, 15g anchovies, 15g Dijon mustard and 125ml extra virgin olive oil.
- To serve - cut big chunks of meat, spoon on some potatoes and onion.
- Top with salsa verde and serve with lots of green vegetables.