Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 3 mins
12 x scallops with roe removed (make sure they’re big and juicy)
1 tbs Oil, a knob of butter and a squeeze of lemon to fry.
Salt and pepper to season.
Salad - 1 cucumber, deseeded, cut into half moons
1 large ripe avocado, cut into cubes
100g edamame beans
Zest and juice of 2 limes
1 Tsp chilli flakes
125ml of virgin olive oil
15 mint leaves, shredded
- Pat the 12 scallops until really dry.
- Add a tbs of oil and season them with salt and pepper.
- Place the 12 scallops in a hot pan and cook for 3mins. Do not move.
- Flip each scallop over and cook for a further 1-2mins.
- Add a knob of butter to the pan and baste the scallops for 30secs.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon.
- For the salad –Mix together, 1 cucumber (deseeded and cut into half moons), 1 large ripe avocado (cut into cubes), 100g of edamame beans, the zest and juice of 2 limes, 1 tsp of chilli flakes, 125ml of virgin olive oil and 15 mint leaves (shredded).
- Serve a small handful of salad with 3 scallops per person.