Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
2 x 250g 28 day dry aged rump steaks
Salt and pepper
Juice and zest 3 limes
45g palm sugar, grated
25ml fish sauce
3 cloves garlic
2 red birds eye chillies, chopped
2 lemon grass stalks, bruised and chopped
12 cherry tomatoes
40g salted peanuts
30g blanched green beans
600g (approx.) green papaya, peeled, halved, seeded and cut into julienne
4 spring onions, sliced
Coriander and mint to garnish
- For the steak – bring two 250g 28-day dry aged rump steaks up to room temperature. Oil and season well, then griddle or fry on hot griddle or frying pan for 2 minutes each side. Rest.
- For the dressing – mix together the zest and juice of 3 limes, 45g grated palm sugar, 25ml fish sauce, 3 cloves grated garlic, 2 chopped red bird’s eye chillies, 2 bruised and chopped lemongrass stalks.
- Crush 40g salted peanuts and 12 cherry tomatoes in a mortar and pestle.
- Trim the cooked steak and cut into slices.
- Combine the dressing with the tomato and peanut mixture, 30g blanched green beans, 600g julienned green papaya and 4 sliced spring onions.
- Serve on a platter and dig in.