Prep Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 1 hour
225g roasted squash/pumpkin, cut into cubes and roasted
175g chopped dates
150ml veg oil
2tsp baking powder
tsp grd cinnamon
100g dried cherries
Icing – 150g icing sugar
50g sifted black cocoa powder
3-4tbs warm water, until perfect consistency
Decorate with more cherries
- Whisk the sugar, eggs and oil together in a mixing bowl.
- Mash the dates and pumpkin together and fold into the mix.
- Sift in the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, mix well and stir in the cherries.
- Spoon the mix into a greased, lined 2lb loaf tin.
- Bake at 180 for 1 hour – and let it cool.
- For the icing – Mix with a wooden spoon, add more water if you want it a little looser.
- Spread onto the cake, decorate.