Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
4 x 175g pork fillets, batoned flat
1 tbsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp salt
4 beaten eggs
Oil and butter to fry
500g cooked small jersey royals
Zest n juice 1 lemon
Bunch flat leaf parsley
1 tbsp capers
50ml white wine vinegar
125ml olive oil
3 salted anchovy fillets
- For the pork – mix 125g flour with 1 tbsp. smoked paprika and 1 tsp. salt
- In a separate bowl, mix 200g breadcrumbs with 30g polenta.
- Toss 4 bashed pork fillets first in the seasoned flour, then in 3 beaten eggs, and finally, in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Fry the fillets on medium heat in butter and oil, cooking for 5mins each side.
- For the potatoes - boil 500g of small jersey royal potatoes.
- When the potatoes are just freshly cooked, toss them in 75g butter and the zest and juice of a lemon
- For the herb dressing – blitz 1 bunch of flat leaf parsley, 1 bunch of tarragon, 1 handful of mint, 1 tbsp. capers, 50ml white wine vinegar, 125ml olive oil and 3 salted anchovy fillets until smooth.
- Serve the pork schnitzel, with the lemony potatoes and finish with a drizzle of herb dressing.