Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 25-30 mins
A pack of ready rolled puff pastry
1pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into quarters, then sliced
100g caster sugar
Milk to glaze the pastry
Topping- 200g mascarpone
1 vanilla pod
200g soft scoop good quality coconut ice cream
- Put 50ml of water in a heavy bottom pan, sprinkle over 100g of caster sugar.
- Heat until the sugar melts, but don’t stir. Simmer until it turns golden.
- Stir in the 25g of butter and 20ml of rum.
- Pack the case full of 1 pineapple that has cored and quartered, then sliced.
- Press a packet of ready rolled pastry (320g) all around the pineapple and trim.
- Brush the pastry with milk and then cook at 200c until the pastry is golden, about 25 -30 mins.
- For the topping – whisk 200g of mascarpone and then add in 200g of soft scoop coconut ice cream and 1 vanilla pod together and spoon onto the slice of pineapple tart.
- Garnish with toasted coconut shavings.