Makes 9-12 pieces
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 50-60 mins
70g wholemeal flour
3/4tsp baking powder
225g smooth Skippy peanut butter
300g strawberry jam
Tsp rose water
Topping – 100g demerara sugar
50g chopped salted peanuts
1. For the cake - beat 115g butter and 200g sugar for 5 minutes.
2. Add 2 eggs, then 1tsp vanilla and 225g smooth Skippy peanut butter.
3. Finally add 140ml buttermilk.
4. Mix together 70g flour, 70g wholemeal flour, 3/4tsp baking powder, 1/4tsp bicarb and a pinch salt and combine.
5. Spoon half the mix into a greased, lined 20cm square cake tin, then 300g strawberry jam, mixed with 1 tsp of rose water, then add the rest of the cake mix.
6. For the topping - mix together 100g demerara sugar, 35g flour, 65g butter and 50g chopped salted peanuts, sprinkle on top.
7. Bake at 180c for 50-60 minutes.
8. Serve with some clotted cream.