Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 2 hrs 40 mins
2 racks of lamb ribs, about 1.5kg each
3tsp black peppercorns
3tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp of chilli flakes
25mm piece of grated ginger
4 cloves of grated garlic
20ml veg oil
1 tsp of sea salt
Glaze – 200ml black rice vinegar
25mm piece grated ginger
2 cloves grated garlic
Dip – 100ml black vinegar
1 finely chopped red chilli
1 Tsp sugar
Serve with spring onions
- For the Lamb rub- Dry roast 3 teaspoons of cumin and 3 teaspoons of peppercorns. Grind a teaspoon of chilli flakes with 4 garlic gloves, 25mm piece of grated ginger and a teaspoon of sea salt. Mix the ingredients with 20ml of vegetable oil and rub all over the 2 racks of 1.5kg lamb ribs.
- Leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Line a roasting tray with parchment paper, add the lamb and cook at 140c for 2 hours.
- Turn over the lamb ribs and roast for a further 30 minutes, until the meat begins to fall away from the bone.
- Once out the oven, let the Lamb cool slightly and then cut into double ribs.
- For the glaze- Boil 200ml of black rice vinegar, with 100g of honey, 60ml of Soy sauce and add a 25mm piece of grated ginger and 2 cloves of grated garlic for approximately 10 minutes until sticky.
- Once finished, brush the glaze all over the ribs and place back in the oven, at 200c for a further 8-10 minutes.
- For the dip- combine 100ml of black vinegar, 50ml of Soy sauce, 1 finely chopped red chilli and 1 teaspoon of sugar and mix.
- Serve the lamb ribs with chopped spring onions and dip on the side.