Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
8 lamb chops with fat on
1 tsp each of ground cumin, garam masala, turmeric and salt
1 clove of garlic
50mm piece ginger
1 green chilli
1 tbs paprika
150g cooked, chopped beetroot
1 tin of chickpeas
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
75g thick Greek yoghurt
Serve with coriander and lime.
- Rub the 8 lamb chops, with fat on with 1 teaspoon of ground cumin, garam masala, turmeric and salt.
- Fry the chops for 2-3 mins each side and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Gently fry 1 clove of garlic and 50mm of grated ginger for 5 minutes.
- Add the 1 tsp of mustard seeds to a hot saucepan until they pop, approx. 2-3 mins.
- Add 1 green chilli, 200g of spinach and 150g of cooked, chopped beetroot and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Then add, 1 tin of chickpeas, 1 tin of chopped tomatoes and 1 tbs of paprika and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Fold in 75g of thick Greek yoghurt.
- Serve the lamb chops with coriander and lime.