Prep Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
Pastry – 225g flour
Filling – 80ml cider
150g peeled, grated apple
100g golden syrup
130g porridge oats
Zest 1 lemon
Serve with clotted cream
- For the pastry – pulse together 225g flour, 100g butter, 25g sugar and 1 egg, then wrap in cling film and chill for 40 mins.
- Roll out the pastry and line a 8” tart tin then blind bake. Leave to cool
- For the filling – put the 150g peeled, grated apple and 80ml cider in a pan, bring to the boil. Reduce by half, then cool a little
- Mix 100g golden syrup, 130g porridge oats, 90g honey, 2 eggs and the zest of 1 lemon, then add the apple mixture.
- Spoon the filling into the tart case. Bake for 20-25mins at 180c.
- Cool a little and serve with clotted cream.