Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Sauce – 200ml cider vinegar
150g dark broen sugar
90g gochugang sauce
10g smoked paprika
Tbs each finely chopped dill and chives
Zest 1 lemon
2tsp baking powder
100g melted butter
Chicken – 4 x chicken breasts, battoned out
Tbs each onion powder, smoked paprika, cayenne, celery salt, oregano
Mayo and pickles to serve
- For the sauce – put 200ml cider vinegar, 150g dark brown sugar, 90g gochugang sauce and 10g smoked paprika in a pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- For the waffles – mix the dry ingredients: 275g flour, 1tbs chopped dill, 1tbs chives, 1 lemon zest, 2tsp baking powder, in one bowl. Mix the wet ingredients: 450ml buttermilk, 2 eggs and 100g melted butter, in another bowl. Add wet to dry. Let the batter stand for 5 minutes.
- Now cook on a waffle iron for about 8 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- For the chicken – dip 4 x chicken breasts, battoned out in 200ml buttermilk.
- Mix 175g flour, 25g cornflour and 1tbs each onion powder, smoked paprika, cayenne, celery salt, oregano. Add the chicken, shake off the excess and deep fry at 180c for approximately 6 minutes. Toss in lots of the sauce.
- To serve – spread some mayonnaise on half the waffles.
- Sit chicken and some pickles on top.
- Put another waffle on top, scoff and dip into the remaining sauce.