Prep time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
12 pieces filo approx. 8” square
100ml vegan spread (Flora) - melted
filling – 150g chopped Medjool dates
100g chopped dried apricots
50g chopped dried figs
100g crushed pistachios
tbs rose water
approx. 50ml water
tbs poppy seeds
serve with vegan coconut yoghurt
- Put 1tsp cinnamon, 1tbs rose water, 125ml maple and approx. 50ml water in a pan, heat until combined.
- Take off the heat, add 200g chopped Medjool dates, 100g chopped dried apricots, 50g chopped dried figs and 150g crushed pistachios, mix well. Cool.
- Brush 6 pieces of filo with 100ml melted vegan butter spread, sit another 6 pieces of filo on top.
- Divide the mix between the 6 sheets diagonally into a long sausage shape, then fold the bottom edge over and butter this. Then fold the sides up and roll up into tight cigars.
- Brush with more vegan spread, sprinkle on 1tbs poppy seeds – chill for 20 minutes, then bake at 200c for 15-20 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Serve with some vegan coconut yoghurt.