Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 5 mins
Dressing – 50ml fresh lime juice
50ml rice vinegar
Salad- 500g daikon, cut into thin matchsticks
2 carrots – matchsticks
Tbs shredded seaweed
12 plum cherry toms
8 cashew nuts, toasted
1 red chilli chopped
250g firm tofu, patted dry and cut into thick slices
100g sesame seeds
50g nigella seeds
Tsp chilli flakes
- For the dressing – whisk together 50ml fresh lime juice, 50ml mirin, 50ml soy, 50ml rice vinegar and 25g sugar.
- Put 12 plum cherry tomatoes, 8 toasted cashew nuts and 1 chopped red chilli in a mortar and pestle and grind to a rough paste.
- For the tofu – cut 250g firm tofu, patted dry into thick slices, then dip each slice in 1tbsp soy, then in 100g sesame seeds and 50g nigella mixed. Shallow fry on medium heat until crisp on all sides.
- Mix the dressing, with a salad of 500g daikon, cut into thin matchsticks, 2 carrots cut into matchsticks and 1tbs shredded seaweed and the tomato mix.
- Serve this salad with tofu on top and some fresh mint to garnish.