Serves – 4
Prep time – 30 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes
4-5 large carrots, cut into matchsticks (mandolin best)
150g pecan nuts
30g golden raisins
Half very thinly sliced red onion
30mm piece ginger, matchsticks
Tin washed chick peas
Tbs sesame seeds
Tsp nigella seeds
Juice n zest 1 lime and half orange
Dressing – 60ml olive oil
60ml maple syrup
30ml cider vinegar
Tbs curry paste
Half tsp grd cinnamon
Chopped parsley and flat bread to serve
- Toss 150g pecan nuts in oil, season well, roast at 180c for approx. 8mins til nice and golden.
- Put the pecan nuts, 4-5 large carrots, grated, 30g golden raisins, Half very thinly sliced red onion, 30mm piece of ginger cut into matchsticks and a tin of washed chick peas in a bowl, season well.
- Add in Tbs sesame seeds, Tsp nigella seeds and Juice and zest 1 lime and half orange.
- Dressing – whisk together well, 60ml olive oil, 60ml maple syrup, 30ml cider vinegar, 2tbs Dijon, Tbs curry paste, Half tsp ground cinnamon.
- Toss into the salad
- Add a handful of chopped parsley, mix together well.
- Serve with flat bread.