Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 8 mins
Dressing – 1 dill pickle, chopped and about 1 tsp of the pickle juice
¼ red onion. Chopped
Juice half a lemon
10ml tabasco sauce
Tin tinned salmon, drained (usually 200-215g)
250g mashed potato
Zest 1 lemon
1 Tbs snipped chives
2 beaten eggs
200g fine brown breadcrumbs
75g crispy shallots (shop bought)
Oil to fry
Serve with thousand island dip
- For the dipping sauce – Put the dill, red onion, juice of a lemon, ketchup, mayonnaise and tobacco sauce in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- For the fishcakes – combine salmon, mashed potato, nduja, zest of lemon, chives and season with salt and pepper. Mould the mixture into 4 x 125g cakes.
- Roll the fishcakes in flour, beaten egg, then a combination of the crumbs and crispy shallots.
- Shallow fry for approx. 8mins, turning once or twice.
- Drain and serve with thousand island dipping sauce and a nice simple salad.