Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
4 x thick cut slices tin loaf
200g softened butter
25g white miso paste
250g oyster mushrooms, shredded
75g Chinese 5 spice
200ml hoi sin or plum sauce
Juice 1 lime
30g sliced pickled pink ginger
1 cucumber finely diced cucumber
Sesame seeds to garnish
- Put a little oil on 4 x thick cut slices tin loaf and griddle for 2 minutes each side, or until charred.
- Meanwhile beat together 200g softened butter and 25g white miso paste.
- Toss 250g shredded oyster mushrooms in a mix of 75g flour, 75g Chinese 5 spice and 1tsp salt, then deep fry in small batches for 3-4 minutes until crispy.
- Immediately toss in the 200ml hoi sin or plum sauce and the juice of 1 lime.
- Butter the bread with the miso butter, sit mushrooms on top, then garnish with 1 finely diced cucumber, 30g pickled pink ginger and sesame seeds.