Prep Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 30-35 mins
Tbs baking powder
2 heaped tsp grd cinnamon
250g light brown sugar
Icing – 250g butter
450g icing sugar
- Beat 300g butter and 250g light brown sugar for 4-5 minutes.
- Add 6 eggs, then fold in 300g flour, 1tbsp baking powder, 1tsp bicarbonate of soda, 2 heaped tsp ground cinnamon, 75ml maple syrup and 1tsp vanilla.
- Spoon into 2 x 23cm cake tins (greased and lined).
- Bake at 180c for approximately 25 minutes. Cool.
- For the icing – melt 250g butter in a saucepan. Once it’s melted and beginning to foam, cook on low heat for approximately 5 minutes until it goes brown and smells slightly nutty.
- Let it cool until its set but still soft.
- Whisk it with 450g icing sugar.
- Spread on both cakes and pop one on top of the other.
- Serve with crème fraiche and strawberries.