Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 - 50 minutes
6-8 boneless, but skin on chicken thighs
1 red onion, thinly sliced
4 cloves sliced garlic
Spice mix - Heaped tsp each of ground cinnamon, turmeric, cumin, coriander, ginger, chilli flakes
2 tbs oil
100g green olives
500ml chicken or veg stock
150g dried apricots, halved
1 cinnamon stick
Tin chick peas, washed and drained
100g toasted flaked almonds
Serve with 300g cooked bulgur wheat
- Mix together a heaped tsp each of ground cinnamon, turmeric, cumin, coriander, ginger and chilli flakes, 2 tbs oil and salt.
- Coat 6-8 boneless, but skin on chicken thighs and cook just skin side down to colour and crisp. Remove.
- Now gently fry 1 red onion, thinly sliced and 4 cloves sliced garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken back in with 100g green olives, 500ml chicken or veg stock, 150g dried apricots, halved, 1 cinnamon stick and 75g
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 25-35 minutes until thighs are cooked.
- Stir in the 1 tin of washed and drained chickpeas, cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Cook 300g of bulgur wheat, following pack instructions.
- Serve topped with 2tbs toasted flaked almonds and 2tbs chopped parsley and alongside a portion of the bulgar wheat.