Serves – 4-6
Prep time – 30 minutes
Cooking time – 1 hour
Pastry – 300g flour
A little water, if needed
Filling – 300g sliced chicken breast
50g edamame beans
1 sliced onion
75g crunchy peanut butter
200ml chicken stock
1 chopped chilli
2tsp garam masala
Egg wash (yolks only)
Serve with green veggies or mash
- For the pastry – rub 150g butter and 300g flour together. Add water if needed. Wrap and chill for 30 minutes minimum, divide into 2/3 and 1/3.
- Roll out and line a 200mm tart case with the larger piece. Chill again for at least 30 minutes.
- For the filling – fry 1 sliced onion and 1 clove garlic for a full 12 minutes n the butter and some oil on low heat to caramelise.
- Add 300g sliced chicken breast and 50g edamame beans, 75g crunchy peanut butter, 200ml chicken stock, 25g butter, 1 chopped chilli and 2tsp garam masala. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Cool completely.
- Spoon the filling into the case.
- Roll out the lid to fit. Trim. Brush well with egg wash (yolks only) and chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 200c for approximately 30-40 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Serve with green veggies.