Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
600g dry mash
100g finely grated veggie parmesan
Few snipped chives
Filling – 100g each grated mozzarella, gruyere, cheddar
3 beaten eggs
300g brioche crumbs
Salsa – 4 plum toms
70ml x v olive oil
30ml red wine vinegar
12 basil leaves
Tsp chilli flakes
24 chopped cherry toms
12 sun dried toms , chopped
12 sun blush toms, chopped
- Mix together 600g dry mashed potatoes, 100g finely grated veggie parmesan and a few snipped chives. Divide into 6. Roll into balls.
- Mix together 100g each grated mozzarella, gruyere and cheddar. Press into 6 balls.
- Make a well in the middle of the mash, add the cheese, then seal up and press out into a patty/potato cake shape.
- Roll all the balls in a mix of 150g flour, 3 beaten eggs and 300g brioche bread crumbs, then shallow fry (or deep) for 4-5 minutes. Finish in the oven at 200c for 4-5 minutes.
- For the salsa – blend 4 plum tomatoes, 70ml extra virgin olive oil, 30ml red wine vinegar, 12 basil leaves, salt & pepper, 1 clove garlic and 1tsp chilli flakes until smooth.
- Add some of this to 24 chopped tomatoes, 12 chopped sun dried tomatoes and 12 chopped sun blush tomatoes (you’ll have too much dressing).
- Serve your potato cake on top of the salsa.