Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
4 x thick sliced rye bread
16 x British asparagus spears
Pesto – 100g well toasted hazelnuts
200ml olive oil
2 cloves garlic
Zest 1 lime
70g grated veggie parmesan
4 x poached eggs
- Griddle 4 x thick sliced rye bread slices and keep warm
- Oil 16 x British asparagus spears and griddle to char well
- Pesto – pulse till smooth 100g well toasted hazelnuts, bunch basil, 200ml olive oil, 2 cloves garlic, Zest of 1 lime, 70g grated veggie parmesan.
- poach 4 eggs in a pan of gently simmering water.
- serve toast, asparagus, egg, then a good topping of pesto and garnish with more shavings of parmesan.