Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
1 chopped onion
2 cloves garlic
1 red chilli chopped
Tin washed drained cannellini beans
Tin washed drained kidney beans
Tin washed, drained borlotti beans
2 chopped peaches
250g thick cut pancetta pieces
200g tomato ketchup
75g black treacle
1 tbsp. smoked paprika
50g soft dark brown sugar
75ml smoky bourbon
25ml balsamic vinegar
50ml maple syrup
4 thick slices rye bread, griddled
Grated mature cheddar to serve
- Fry 250g thick cut pancetta for 6-8mins. Remove from the pancetta from the pan and set aside.
- In the leftover pancetta fat, fry 1 chopped onion, 2 cloves of garlic and 1 red chilli for 5 minutes.
- Add the 1 tin each of drained cannellini beans, kidney beans and borlotti beans.
- Mix together 200g tomato ketchup, 75g black treacle, 1 tbsp. smoked paprika, 50g soft dark brown sugar, 75ml smoky bourbon, 25ml balsamic vinegar and 50ml maple syrup.
- Add the sauce to the pan along with the pancetta and 2 chopped peaches.
- Simmer the beans for 20 minutes.
- Serve on the buttered rye toast, topped with grated mature cheddar.