Sauce – 1 diced onion
225g thick cut smoky bacon lardons
750g beef mince
1 diced carrot
2 sticks chopped celery
15g tom puree
tin chopped toms
100ml beef stock
tbs mixed Italian dried herbs
400g cooked macaroni
topping – 250g grated gruyere
100g grated parmesan
100g grated mozzarella
serve with garlic bread
- Fry the bacon lardons til crispy, and then remove. In the same pan fry the mince in the bacon fat til browned. Remove.
- Gently fry onion, carrot, celery, garlic for 5 mins
- Re add the meat and puree and herbs. Cook 5mins
- Add tomatoes and stock, bring to boil, then simmer 15mins
- Stir in the cream to the sauce.
- Then add the pasta to an oven proof dish, and mix in the sauce.
- Top with cheese, bake 10-15mins at 200c til melted and browned