Serves – 6-8
Prep time – 40 minutes
Cooking time – 45-50 minutes
100g blueberry or blackcurrant jam
400g brioche, cut into slices about 25mm thick
150g white choc chips
Custard – 125ml single cream
3 egg yolks
- Line a 20cm spring form and wrap the outside with foil. This is to prevent the custard mix from seeping through.
- Mix 350g of blueberries and 100g of blueberry or blackberry jam together (add a little hot water to loosen the jam if needed).
- Cut 400g of brioche bread into slices about 25mm thick.
- Line the bottom of the tin with slices of brioche, and bring it up halfway to the side. Tear up half of the remaining slices and add them in to the tin.
- Spoon on half the jam mix and 75g of white choc chips.
- Repeat with more torn brioche.
- For the custard - Whisk 125ml of single cream with 150ml milk, 3 egg yolks and 60g sugar.
- Pour onto the bread and top with more blueberry jam mix and the remaining chocolate chips.
- Leave to stand for 20 minutes minimum.
- Bake at 170c for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Serve with pouring cream and more fruit.