Serves – 2-4
Prep time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 30-40 minutes
8 cloves sliced garlic
4 birds eye chillies
4 spring onions, chopped
Lime to garnish
6 x rice paper circles
- Roast 2 aubergines in a hot oven with a little oil rubbed on them until blackened. Put in a plastic bag. When cool, peel.
- Fry 8 cloves of sliced garlic in oil for 3 minutes until golden.
- In a pestle and mortar pound the garlic with 4 birds eye chillies, and a pinch of salt and a little oil.
- Now add this to the aubergines, 4 chopped spring onions and a bunch of chopped coriander and mint and mash up.
- Deep fry 6 rice paper circles for 10 seconds until they puff up.
- Serve the aubergine mash topped with nigella and sesame seeds and a squeeze of lime and use the rice paper to dip.