Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 55 mins
350g cooking apples
350g eating apples (both peeled and chopped)
Crumble – 75g flour
50g crumbled lancashire cheese
Cake – 150g unsalted butter
25g sour cream
175g golden caster sugar
2 large eggs
175g s r flour
Serve with crème fraiche or custard
- Cook 350g cooking apples, 350g eating apples (both peeled and chopped), 50g sugar and 1tsp vanilla extract for 10 minutes or until softened, cool.
- For the crumble – rub together 75g flour, 75g butter, 75g demerara sugar and 50g crumbled Lancashire cheese.
- For the cake – whisk 150g unsalted butter, 25g sour cream and 175g golden caster sugar for 4-5 minutes.
- Add 2 large eggs.
- Fold in 175g self raising flour, 1tsp cinnamon, and 1tsp vanilla extract. Finally fold in the apples.
- Spoon into a greased, line 20cm cake tin. Add the crumble.
- Bake at 180c for approximately 50-55 minutes.
- Serve with crème fraiche or custard.